Are you thinking of remodelling your kitchen? It can be a great way to make your kitchen space more functional and make cooking in there more enjoyable. Here are some useful tips and things to think about if you are planning to make some changes to your kitchen.
- Plan ahead – make some sketches of your kitchen and think about how you work when cooking and doing preparation. Make sure to think about things like having a bin close to where you prep food so you don’t have to carry things across the kitchen. Or having your toaster and kettle in the same place.
- Give your kitchen units a makeover – this is a great, and affordable, way to update your kitchen units without having to replace them. If they are in good condition but you just don’t like the colour / finish of them then this option is perfect. You can find kitchen unit paint in all the big DIY stores now or even pay companies to do it for you.
- Get good quality flooring – Kitchen floors have to deal with lots of traffic, as well as getting wet or having oil spills etc so for this reason it’s important to choose a flooring that is long-lasting and durable. Good quality laminate flooring is a great option as it’s easy to fit and replace, as well as being affordable. Thankfully, there is a huge variety available on the market that is sure to meet the needs and preferences of every customer.
- Change the lighting – The right amount of lighting can make a huge difference to the kitchen and make it look brighter and larger. When you are in a kitchen cooking a lot of the time you want the space to feel right and in winter when it’s dark having some bright lighting can make the space feel so much nicer. We recently had spotlights fitted in our kitchen as it was really dark before and it’s made such a difference.
- Add a centre island– If your kitchen space allows, adding a centre island is a great idea to add more worktop space and storage in the kitchen. You can even choose one which has space to sit at. However your kitchen needs to be big enough, or the island can limit the traffic flow and make the room feel cramped.
- Organised storage space – A quick search on Pinterest will show so many clever options when it comes to organising your items in your kitchen. From ways to store tins in your cupboard to labelling and storing your dry goods, it can make a huge difference to the feel of your kitchen and make finding things so much easier. Plus it can help you save money as you know what you need so don’t end up over buying food which could go to waste.
- Consider a full refit – If your space really isn’t working for you and you have the budget available then a brand new kitchen could be the way to go, this way you can choose everything you want to make the space the way you want it and can last a really long time if you choose right. Remember to shop around for the best deals.
I hope this tips helped you to think of ways you could update your kitchen, no matter what your budget there are options that can help make the space work for you in a better way.